Favourite Quotes

" When I can no longer create anything, I'll be done for"
Coco Chanel



On the twelfth day of Christmas.......

...........I had serrano ham on crusty baguette, followed by home-made marmalade, with lots of coffee...
played with my new toys (crafty ones) and made a birthday card......

and with my other half went for a long walk in the woods with the dogs......
watered the pots outside......
ate a delicious fish and chip lunch at David's fish bar in Moraira (the best for miles around).....
soaked up the sun and paddled in the sea at El Portet beach.......


.....a siesta in my own bed......
a slice of Christmas cake with a cuppa......
and there are still 6 hours to go......
leisurely knitting and TV to look forward to.......

Today is the fiesta of the Three Kings in Spain (a bank holiday) know to us as Epiphany, when traditionally the Spanish exchange gifts. Everything is shut and it is so peaceful everywhere. After all the hustle and bustle of our Christmas and New Year, today was a rare treat, a whole day off! Despite a strong wind it was 23C at the height of the day. Don't be too jealous though, tomorrow it could change to 2C and a howling storm with the rain leaking through the roof in buckets!
The lemon tree is reminding me it is marmalade making time again, and just in time, I'm on the last pot.


The sun has allowed me to take pics of one of my WIP's too, a lovely diagonal knit jacket from Twilleys, I'm not at all sure how the front is going to fit, but I am ploughing on and following the instructions to the letter and hoping it will all become clear later. There are no diagrams in the pattern leaflet so I'm working in the dark a bit...It is so soothing to just knit, all garter stitch, one stitch after another with no deadlines, no pressure to get finished....

I've knitted another hat for Noah, the first one didn't look big enough, I added some rows before the shaping, the pattern is here. That will be in the post this week, I may sneak in a lovely crochet headband for his Mum if I get the time....(this is the pattern)

A drink and nibbles have appeared at my side, I will just have to stop and indulge......

What a lovely day.......

Oh dear this post seems to be full of eating, next Monday it's all change, back to the diet.......

No comments:

Post a Comment