Favourite Quotes

" When I can no longer create anything, I'll be done for"
Coco Chanel



Winter glory

It continues to be VERY cold here, but the plants are still making a lovely show outside
This is a succulent type plant that puts on these glorious bright yellow flowers in January


this is another succulent type plant that resembles red hot pokers...

The Christmas poinsettia holding its own until the temperature dropped to freezing, alas it is no more...















The narcissus have faithfully flowered for weeks now, what a cheerful sight they are and smell wonderful too....
(I think my my lense steamed up from coming out of a warm room into the cold!)
I planted cheerful little pansies last week in the gaps around the house, including the window boxes, they will give pleasure for months to come..


And at last some crafty stuff, (finally I hear you say...)


A hooky (crochet) cushion cover inspired by Lucy (attic24) there is no planned purpose for this, I just HAD to try it! I think I will make a handbag with this pattern in tones of the same colour at some point...
And an attempt at Barbara Gray (Clarity Stamp) type stamping and brayering for a friends 70th Birthday


I continue to plod on with the garter stitch jacket, it is making sense now and will be lovely when It's finally done, I do keep getting side tracked.
That's it this week, apart from some fan cards we made at Club this week (they are on loan so no pics yet) 
Stay warm and keep crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment